Thursday, June 5, 2008

Thistles are taking over the yard!

So I mowed the grass this morning and was amazed (and a little distraught) over how many ugly thistle weeds we have growing in our yard! My husband and I had made the decision long ago not to use any chemicals in our yard, so this morning has been spent trying to find a more natural recipe to kill this weed that is a pain in my butt (and my hand when trying to pull those things out, even with gloves on). But I think I found one, and I hope it works!

Weed Killer:
1 Gallon White Vinegar
1 Cup Table Salt
1 Tablespoon Dish Detergent

Take out 2 cups of the white vinegar, then mix in the table salt and dish detergent in the gallon container and shake well. Put the 2 cups of white vinegar back in and shake lightly to mix. Put amount needed into a spray bottle and spray on weeds on a sunny, non-windy day.

Be sure to also keep this mixture out of reach of children! Please put it up in a high spot and keep it tightly closed!

I found this information at http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf55807738.tip.html if anyone wants to look up any other great information from Thrifty Fun! And I will keep you posted on if those pesky thistle weeds go away!

No comments: