Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Major Storms Today!

I was in such a restful and peaceful sleep this morning. That is, until a huge storm came rolling by! The thunder shook my windows, lightning kept striking eerily close to our house, and yet, the kids did not cry or anything! Even the dogs did not freak out. Later my three year old son told me he was scared while he laid in bed, but I guess he figured it was time for me to get up anyway, so he didn't come get me.

The storm stopped just in time for us to go ahead and get ready for my son's soccer class. On the way I saw so many trees down over powerlines, and just felt so grateful that our powerlines are actually underground in our neighborhood. The trees were already cleared from the roads as far as I could tell as we drove across town, its amazing how fast crews can clean up and work together. I applaud all the people that had to get up and get to work during that storm, making the roads a little safer for us.

No comments: